This was a long standing DIY project on my list, and moving into our new apartment provided the perfect opportunity to make a display of painted frames!
A box of unused frames had been left unpacked & unused from our LA move through the 3 years in our first NY apartment. It was time to toss them or repurpose them! Here’s my step-by-step:
- Dismantle frames, removing (and discarding) the backs and glass cover (I saved these for another project).
- Trace the frame (outer and inner edges) on paper and cut out the template.
- Tape templates to the wall to achieve desired layout.
- Nail template to the wall (placing the nail where the underside of the frame will hang).
- Paint the frames.
- Hang the frames.
- homeinthecity posted this